Teddies Worldwide

Saturday 26 November 2011

Back to Paris...




....in bear form only unfortunately!:) I don't know about others, but when I get ideas for bears, sometimes it takes quite a while for them to 'gel' and finally come together- and sometimes I get straight to it and I can't rest until it's done... Well, after I had my first Macaron experience a bit over 2 years ago, I knew I wanted to make something that brought to mind Macarons, in some way. Just the colours were right up my alley! So the vague idea had sat in the back of my mind.. waiting waiting... til not long before I left for Hugglets at the end of August.
Now I can't honestly say what sparked the final idea, whether it was my Mum making some small boxes that were printed out on the computer or something else entirely, but before I knew it I just *had* to have her make me a tiny replica of a Laduree bag, and a Laduree box which I filled with tiny handmade macarons- (I spent an entire day making over 100 macarons when I needed 8! lol) And luckily, after Hugglets I was also able to scour the souvenir shops in Paris itself for the little Eiffel Tower to finish it off.... I call the set "Mon Petit Macaron" and they have just been listed on Bearpile, along with my little Robin.
Of course, knowing me, I bought more than one little Eiffel Tower- some silver, some gold, some with rhinestones, one with pink rhinestones, one with red, white and blue rhinestones- so there will no doubt be more little Parisian themed sets coming along- when I figure out *just what* to do with them!:)
Photobucket

1 comment:

Sarah Medina said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe I hadn't seen these yet! hehe, adorable! And what happened to all the extra macaroons hehe