Teddies Worldwide

Tuesday 31 March 2009



Well back from the Sydney Teddy bear Fair and what a wonderful show Melissa put on- as usual! I always enjoy going to shows, to catch up with the familiar faces, both visitors and traders, and be inspired by all the wonderful work everyone's doing. It spurs me on to come up with something different for next time. Seeing Merilyn Pursell's fabulous sculpted faces, and her use of colour, and Debbie Gunnions new little creations ( Her little ducks were so cute!) not to mention seeing Louise Peer's fabulously perfect work in person, among many.
I was also teaching a few days of classes which is fun, again catching up with old friends, meeting new people, learning new things and maybe even teaching someone something they didn't know!:) Seriously though, I am just as likely to learn as the students, which I love. Theres always a new technique or a wonderful talent each person has to share.
Sooo you are probably wondering who that is in the picture... Victoria is a new piece I designed for Kim at Bear Essence's fabulous "Bear Tales" pattern 'magazine'. My 'brief' was to make a Bride and Groom pair, so naturally, me being me, I started on the easiest of the two! Next up on my drawing board will be Victoria's Groom, who I think I shall call Albert... ahh naming bears, so hard! The thought of making his jacket is making me jittery already.......:)

3 comments:

bensonbear said...

Can't wait to see you make a male bear, Karen! Somehow I just can't picture it :) Maybe you should make a same sex bridal pair ha ha :D

Sarah Medina said...

Shes so pretty Karen!! I love that close up shot! I can't wait to see the groom either, I can picture a little boy, hehe, but I think Linda's suggestion would be cute hehehehe

Louise Peers said...

aww shes's beautiful Karen .Hope the show went well for you !