Teddies Worldwide

Tuesday 3 March 2009

Something exciting to start the year...



Well, I needed some pushing to actually make my first blog post- I 'started' this blog months ago but was finding it hard to think of something to write about! Hopefully the first is the hardest and it gets easier from here...
So onto my exciting news... finally, after several years of telling myself I would enter the TOBY and Golden Teddy contests, I did it! And even more exciting, I actually won a TOBY Industry's Choice award in the Miniature Dressed Category.
So here's my little girl, Eloise.... she's made from vintage long pile Velvet, with a little lace dress and of course, one of my handmade hats.
The competition is very stiff for the Peoples Choice vote, so I am not too hopeful there, but I can honestly say it's thrilling to get this far!

3 comments:

Shadowtank said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarah Medina said...

Yay!! Congratulations on your blog and your Award!!! Well deserved! Your bears are delightful in every way, you've been at the top of the mini world for so long, I'm so glad you finally entered and let the voting world show you how special your bears are :) Will be coming back regularly to see new posts :) XX Sarah

KarenAUS said...

Awwww thanks so much! And thanks for taking a peek at the blog- pity it took me so long to realise you had left such a lovely comment! lol