Teddies Worldwide

Thursday 9 June 2011

Busy day..





Well today will be a very busy one. Setting off tomorrow for the fabulous Gold Coast, so I have lots of things to finish up and get packed.. Last night I finished off sewing the hats for the new bears who are coming along, using some of the hand- dyed hat straws in the photo above. While they make many pretty colours in the straw, I decided one day ( again, just before a show) I was a bit bored with the colours I had, so I got out the dye pots and set to work... I was rather pleased with the pretty pinks beiges and lavenders I managed to come up with...
So now today will be spent trimming the hats and dresses, going over the bears for a final check, tagging pricing and packing... I like to finish all my new bears at once, because I make such a mess when I'm trimming.. I need to have lots of boxes down off the shelves so I have plenty of flowers and ribbons to choose from.. Perhaps it would be a quicker job if I restricted myself more? I'm not sure.....
Well, better get to it!

3 comments:

Kays Kids said...

Good luck for the Golcoast show Karen. I wish I was there to see you.

Federbärchen said...

Hi Karen,
I wish you all the best and good luck for the show! I am sure a lot of your cute and wonderful creations find a new good home!
Claudia

KarenAUS said...

Thank you Claudia and Kay! My apologies for not acknowledging your posts before now.